City of New Port Richey Community
The Gateway To Tropical Florida! In 1916, Mr. George R. Sims purchased the Port Richey Land Company. Originally known as Hickory Hammock, the City of New Port Richey was incorporated as a City in 1924. A few palatial homes, the Hacienda Hotel and the Meighan Theater bear silent witness to these glamorous times. The City's Municipal Library, founded in 1920, ranks number one in the State of Florida for program attendance. Festivals, parades, concerts and numerous art shows are regular events in Sims Park located within the City's downtown along the beautiful waterfront. The city delivers the recreational and cultural advantages of a metropolitan area but with the neighborhood friendliness of a small hometown. Take a stroll around in downtown New Port Richey and enjoy the city's hometown atmosphere.